POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How fast, how many? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:48 EDT (-0400)
  How fast, how many? (Message 12 to 21 of 31)
From: Michael Raiford
Subject: Re: How fast, how many?
Date: 13 Sep 2007 18:19:04
Message: <46e9b758$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html
>
>   142 for me.
>
>    ~Steve~

158, 20sec...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Sep 2007 19:02:19
Message: <46e9c17b$1@news.povray.org>
I managed 192 on the 20 second one....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: somebody
Date: 13 Sep 2007 23:43:49
Message: <46ea0375$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:46e967ea$1@news.povray.org...
> http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html

Goesontoshowthateverythingworthdoing,andalotthat'snothavebeendoneontheIntern
et,andwehavehitrockbottom.Nonetheless,ifsufficientlybored,Icouldget~200per5s
ecs,Isuppose.Luckily,I'mnotATM.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:44:48 -0600, somebody wrote:

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:46e967ea$1@news.povray.org...
>> http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html

Goesontoshowthateverythingworthdoing,andalotthat'snothavebeendoneontheIntern

et,andwehavehitrockbottom.Nonetheless,ifsufficientlybored,Icouldget~200per5s
> ecs,Isuppose.Luckily,I'mnotATM.

Did you break your spacebar with the challenge?  Wow, that's
*smokin'*. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 14 Sep 2007 03:52:34
Message: <46ea3dc2@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html
>
>   142 for me.

2 fingers on one hand: 207

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 14 Sep 2007 04:08:47
Message: <46ea418f$1@news.povray.org>

@20s

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 14 Sep 2007 04:20:02
Message: <46ea4431@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] toberemovedgmailcom> wrote:
> > 2 fingers on one hand: 207

> @20s

  And I was convinced you did that in 5 seconds.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 14 Sep 2007 04:23:20
Message: <46ea44f8@news.povray.org>
"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote in message news:46ea0375$1@news.povray.org...
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:46e967ea$1@news.povray.org...
>> http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html
>
> Goesontoshowthateverythingworthdoing,andalotthat'snothavebeendoneontheIntern
> et,andwehavehitrockbottom.Nonetheless,ifsufficientlybored,Icouldget~200per5s
> ecs,Isuppose.Luckily,I'mnotATM.

     Heh, well, I reckon I could do about 5000 @ 20 seconds using one hand.
:)

       ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 15 Sep 2007 14:43:11
Message: <46ec27bf@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
>>>  5 sec.:  37,  37,  39,  36,  36
>>> 10 sec.:  72,  76,  76,  69,  74
>>> 20 sec.: 143, 143, 152, 148, 166
>>
>>     Phew! Well done with the 166, Tim!
>>
>>     You have fast reflexes...
>
> Not really, how I did it was to lock my arm in such a way that it starts
> twitching due to muscle spasms from not being able to hold the arm
> stable...can do it with my leg too, if I prop up my foot with my toes just
> enough.  Probably a name for what's going on, and it's really something
> common to everyone, but it's particularly irritating when you're just
> sitting there, minding your own business, and happen to shift your pose in
> just the right way that you hit one of those zones and your leg starts
> flying up and down with no way of consciously controlling it other than
> changing how your whole leg is positioned.

     I know exactly what you mean, Tim! I can do this too with my right leg,
(not my left for some reason). If I put my foot up onto a stool or chair,
(as if to tie your shoe laces), I can find the right position to make my
knee bounce up and down of its own accord. It is the most weird feeling and
sight to see! I can't do it with my hands though.

     ~Steve~

> --
> Tim Cook
> http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 15 Sep 2007 14:49:35
Message: <46ec293f$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>I managed 192 on the 20 second one....

    Show off.  ;)  Heh, I think my arm would be dead if I got to that
level...  :)

      ~Steve~