POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A very interesting article about light pollution Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  A very interesting article about light pollution (Message 1 to 10 of 35)
From: Warp
Subject: A very interesting article about light pollution
Date: 9 Sep 2007 14:41:22
Message: <46e43e52@news.povray.org>
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/08/20/070820fa_fact_owen?printable=true

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 9 Sep 2007 15:11:56
Message: <46e4457c$1@news.povray.org>

to watch the road instead of looking back over my shoulder at a yard
whose trees have floodlights in their branches, or at an empty parking
lot so bright that you could deliver babies in it."

...WTH?

"the study subsequently revealed a strong association between working
the night shift and an increased risk of breast cancer."

"I lay on my back on a bench and watched for meteors, which streaked
past every few minutes: in a truly dark sky, shooting stars are too
numerous to bother wishing on. We stayed until we noticed the first glow
of the approaching sunrise. Stars near the eastern horizon melted away
ahead of it, as though the darkness itself were dissolving."

Wait... so... staying awake at night causes cancer... so you decided to
stay awake all night? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

> Wait... so... staying awake at night causes cancer... so you decided to
> stay awake all night? ;-)

  No, light during sleep.

--
                                                          - Warp