POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A very good day :) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:38 EDT (-0400)
  A very good day :) (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: A very good day :)
Date: 5 Sep 2007 07:36:55
Message: <46de94d7$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> Today it was 16384 days ago that I was born.
> I was mostly at home because of a distorted ankle and my wife drove me
> to the dentist to get a new crown in my upper jaw. So it was a fun way
> to spend my 2^14th day not being able to walk well or eat well.

Eew, don't like getting crowns. don't like any dental work beyond the
normal cleanings, and even those can get annoying.

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 5 Sep 2007 14:57:07
Message: <46DEFD00.1030200@hotmail.com>
andrel wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> http://www.pacificwebguy.com/news.php?readmore=28
>>
>> How was everyone else's?
>>
> Today it was 16384 days ago that I was born.
And today I treated my department on cake for that. That got some mixed
reactions. Some found it interesting and a few looked at me as if I was
complete mad. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Sep 2007 15:45:13
Message: <46df0749$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:31:09 +0100, St. wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>

>>I spent *5 hours* writing an e-mail to him today
>
>   That's a book...  ;)

At the rate at which I write, that's about 4 pages of new text. :-)

Now I want to know what the word count is....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 6 Sep 2007 14:40:10
Message: <46e0498a@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Now I want to know what the word count is....

It's where you take all the words and count them.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Sep 2007 16:28:30
Message: <46e062ee$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:41:32 +0100, Orchid XP v3 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Now I want to know what the word count is....
>
> It's where you take all the words and count them.

Well, yes, I kinda gathered *that*.  ;-)

Steve ended up replying to the first half of the message, saving the
second half for later.

Turns out it was *9000* words of new text (ie, not including quoted
bits).  And that's not rounded, either, I somehow managed to hit it on
the nose...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 6 Sep 2007 20:07:25
Message: <46e0963d@news.povray.org>

> Turns out it was *9000* words of new text (ie, not including quoted
> bits).  And that's not rounded, either, I somehow managed to hit it on
> the nose...

    That's not a book, that's a Tome!! Heh, fairplay Jim.   ;)

    ~Steve~

> Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 7 Sep 2007 14:17:31
Message: <46e195bb$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Now I want to know what the word count is....

>> It's where you take all the words and count them.

> Well, yes, I kinda gathered *that*.  ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Sep 2007 15:50:42
Message: <46e1ab92$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 01:07:20 +0100, St. wrote:

>     That's not a book, that's a Tome!! Heh, fairplay Jim.

True enough; he's broken his reply down into two separate replies (and
still counting).  :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Sep 2007 15:51:04
Message: <46e1aba8$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:18:55 +0100, Orchid XP v3 wrote:

>>> It's where you take all the words and count them.
>
>> Well, yes, I kinda gathered *that*.  ;-)
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

S'ok - I figured that you couldn't resist that either; I mightn't have
either...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 7 Sep 2007 16:18:45
Message: <46e1b225$1@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 01:07:20 +0100, St. wrote:
>
>>     That's not a book, that's a Tome!! Heh, fairplay Jim.
>
> True enough; he's broken his reply down into two separate replies (and
> still counting).  :-)

    LOL!! Heh... Nice to catch up with family though.   :o)

   (Which reminds me, I should mail my sister... Yes, I'll do it this
weekend.)

    ~Steve~