POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Daily WTF [again] : Re: The Daily WTF [again] Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:37:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Daily WTF [again]
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Feb 2008 10:53:22
Message: <47b1c0f2$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Microsoft is the *** 139th *** global corporation in terms of revenue, right
> after A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, which is a freight company, i.e. folks who
> use big boats to transport bananas around the globe.
> http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2007/full_list/index.html
>
> That should keep Microsoft-themed hyperboles (and the relevance of the
> software industry compared to the banana shipping industry) in check I
> guess.

That is the most bizzare thing I've read today.

So a company that transports a dirt-cheap commodity item that almost
nobody buys makes more money than the company that charges an absolute
fortune for it's products, which are used by the entire industrialised
world. How does *that* compute?! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/