POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : povray Object Collection download wanted. Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:40:27 EDT (-0400)
  povray Object Collection download wanted. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: p
Subject: povray Object Collection download wanted.
Date: 30 Mar 2017 17:45:01
Message: <web.58dd7b80404886c123ca1e9f0@news.povray.org>
I would like to download all the *.pov files in the povray Object Collection.
How many files are there? Message says 91 objects found.
Is there only 91 *.pov files in the povray Object Collection?

Message says Objects 1 to 10 displayed. But the Next button does not work.
How to access more?

The only way I see to get all the files is to manually download each one
individually, and only if the next button works.  Is there a better way? Is
there one zip file of the collection?  Can someone send the collection to me?

I wrote a bash script to run the 355 povray examples in
debian 8.5 software repository /usr/share/doc/povray/examples/***.pov.
The result can be accessed from
http://pdscript.com/p/debian/example/Computer/index.htm. I would like more *.pov
examples to run and post.

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to download all the *.pov files in the povray Object Collection.
> How many files are there? Message says 91 objects found.
> Is there only 91 *.pov files in the povray Object Collection?
>
> Message says Objects 1 to 10 displayed. But the Next button does not work.
> How to access more?
>
> The only way I see to get all the files is to manually download each one
> individually, and only if the next button works.  Is there a better way? Is
> there one zip file of the collection?  Can someone send the collection to me?
>
> I wrote a bash script to run the 355 povray examples in
> debian 8.5 software repository /usr/share/doc/povray/examples/***.pov.
> The result can be accessed from
> http://pdscript.com/p/debian/example/Computer/index.htm. I would like more *.pov
> examples to run and post.

There is a thumbnail view that might help.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php

No, you can't download the entire collection at once.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Yes, the thumbnail helps. Thank you.  It shows 107 files.
I can manually click that many times.
I ask again: Is that all there is in this collection?
So what other collections are there?
Debian has 355 povray example files.

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to download all the *.pov files in the povray Object Collection.
> How many files are there? Message says 91 objects found.
> Is there only 91 *.pov files in the povray Object Collection?
>
> Message says Objects 1 to 10 displayed. But the Next button does not work.
> How to access more?
>
> The only way I see to get all the files is to manually download each one
> individually, and only if the next button works.  Is there a better way? Is
> there one zip file of the collection?  Can someone send the collection to me?
>
> I wrote a bash script to run the 355 povray examples in
> debian 8.5 software repository /usr/share/doc/povray/examples/***.pov.
> The result can be accessed from
> http://pdscript.com/p/debian/example/Computer/index.htm. I would like more *.pov
> examples to run and post.

There is .pov, but also .inc, and maybe .mcr, possibly .txt at least.

I would suggest /manual/ if you want to be sure. That Next button
problem is an old recurring one I am afraid. :-(

--
Thomas