POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : RC3Metal 1.2.1: blurred reflection speed-up Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  RC3Metal 1.2.1: blurred reflection speed-up (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: RC3Metal 1.2.1: blurred reflection speed-up
Date: 11 Mar 2016 17:25:00
Message: <web.56e344a0d3fabb12b865121a0@news.povray.org>
I have improved the rendering speed of objects with blurred reflection and
radiosity.  In order to see this improvement:

- You must use macro RC3Metal_Blur() or RC3Metal_Normal_blur().
  The improvement does not apply to macros RC3Metal_Blur_t() and
  RC3Metal_Normal_blur_t().

- You must use POV-Ray 3.7 or later for any significant speedup.

Theoretically, there should be a slight speedup for non-radiosity and pre-3.7
scenes, but said theoretical speedup is too insignificant to notice.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=RC3Metal&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

Post a reply to this message

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I have improved the rendering speed of objects with blurred reflection and
> radiosity.  In order to see this improvement:
>
> - You must use macro RC3Metal_Blur() or RC3Metal_Normal_blur().
>   The improvement does not apply to macros RC3Metal_Blur_t() and
>   RC3Metal_Normal_blur_t().
>
> - You must use POV-Ray 3.7 or later for any significant speedup.
>
> Theoretically, there should be a slight speedup for non-radiosity and pre-3.7
> scenes, but said theoretical speedup is too insignificant to notice.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=RC3Metal&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

Thanks! Very Good! But...
Update rc3metal.inc:

#macro RC3Metal_Galvanized_t (c_Dull, c_Shiny, Dull, Shiny, Dark, Light, Shine,
Turb, Scale)
  #if (RC3M_Debug) #debug "RC3Metal_Galvanized_t()...\n" #end
  texture
  { crackle solid texture_map
    { [0 RC3Metal (c_Shiny, Shiny, Light)]
      [Shine RC3Metal (c_Dull, Dull, Light)]