POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Error in license statements Server Time: 19 Dec 2018 07:06:19 GMT
  Error in license statements (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Error in license statements
Date: 21 Jan 2014 03:10:01
Message: <web.52dde4a0ae253ecb192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
On the Object Collection submission screen, in the help documents 02using.html
and 04contributing.html, and in all the downloaded README*.html files, the
license statement reads "Lesser General Purpose License."  It should actually be
"Lesser General Public License."  Can someone, perhaps Jerome, fix this error?

Also, I faithfully reproduced this error in all of my submissions.  I have
already made the corrections on my local system; if it isn't too much trouble,
may I upload them to p.b.s-f to replace those on the server?


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Error in license statements
Date: 15 May 2015 05:42:50
Message: <5555875a$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/20/2014 11:08 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On the Object Collection submission screen, in the help documents 02using.html
> and 04contributing.html, and in all the downloaded README*.html files, the
> license statement reads "Lesser General Purpose License."  It should actually be
> "Lesser General Public License."  Can someone, perhaps Jerome, fix this error?

This error is also present on the search page: 
http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Error in license statements
Date: 15 May 2015 13:22:10
Message: <5555f302$1@news.povray.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Le 15/05/2015 07:42, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> On 01/20/2014 11:08 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> On the Object Collection submission screen, in the help
>> documents 02using.html and 04contributing.html, and in all the
>> downloaded README*.html files, the license statement reads
>> "Lesser General Purpose License."  It should actually be "Lesser
>> General Public License."  Can someone, perhaps Jerome, fix this
>> error?
> 
> This error is also present on the search page: 
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php
> 

Alas, I do not have write access to that part of the site for the time
being.

I should be able to correct the term in each contribution, it's just
one file to edit per contribution (but write access there is easier)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iJwEAQEIAAYFAlVV8wIACgkQhKAm8mTpkW0EFgP/VwxJ+l+kE27o0jNXiNRPn5Q9
6EzZne5J+V98n7nRsAdNqKJtpRCWRcWZ3p40vQepsROVpXtG4XhcVLUZyFL6pWrM
SICZ5+lIhrggB2hRhR9vo3eBrrEdk+ZNB3ImrFTX4ZK7+49SAtmzcbnE9vcFAHQb
RYk+h6SROByJFXfJ0ZQ=
=mbJb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Error in license statements
Date: 15 May 2015 19:51:46
Message: <55564e52@news.povray.org>
On 05/15/2015 09:22 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> I should be able to correct the term in each contribution, it's just
> one file to edit per contribution (but write access there is easier)

I have uploaded the corrected files to povray.binaries.scene-files.  In 
addition, I took the opportunity to clarify some unrelated sections of 
spectrum.html.  This should be easier than having you hunt down and 
correct my errors.


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Error in license statements
Date: 16 May 2015 15:07:15
Message: <55575d23$1@news.povray.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Le 15/05/2015 21:51, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> On 05/15/2015 09:22 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> I should be able to correct the term in each contribution, it's
>> just one file to edit per contribution (but write access there is
>> easier)
> 
> I have uploaded the corrected files to povray.binaries.scene-files.
> In addition, I took the opportunity to clarify some unrelated
> sections of spectrum.html.  This should be easier than having you
> hunt down and correct my errors.
> 
Your contribution have been updated, including the removal of a tr tag
in rc3metal and change of text in spectrum.

The change of the wording (Public / Purpose for Lesser Generic ) was
rather easy, vi rules.


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iJwEAQEIAAYFAlVXXSQACgkQhKAm8mTpkW1IrQP8DOTh01vViMmkGbkxHJMR31KG
+GIoyc/KVgLWU8gknyPCjSSujznEzYPxLsAMccZTBug7PbfF6yx62b52nDq3omNt
5E9HMICh57IOuiP5Lw5xiDofKDdQQfyqoDBGHwcXCC2rMytHAk65pKXyED28Psfv
hO8PqNku5oXXCwfSw5o=
=8R2H
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Error in license statements
Date: 18 May 2015 16:30:18
Message: <555a139a$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/16/2015 11:07 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Your contribution have been updated, including the removal of a tr tag
> in rc3metal and change of text in spectrum.

Thanks!

> The change of the wording (Public / Purpose for Lesser Generic ) was
> rather easy, vi rules.

Really?  I was once informed that the only thing you need to know about 
vi is <Esc>:q!

;-)


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.