POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Avoid all-lowercase identifiers Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:08:00 EDT (-0400)
  Avoid all-lowercase identifiers (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Avoid all-lowercase identifiers
Date: 31 Jul 2012 23:50:01
Message: <web.5018a69dae7e89cb85de7b680@news.povray.org>
It has long been a POV-Ray recommendation that identifiers have at least one
uppercase letter, although this is not enforced.  This recommendation has
practical significance, as we recently saw in "Spanish Patio -Parse Error" in
povray.general.

I propose that this recommendation be incorporated as policy into the Object
Collection naming standards.  In other words, in order for a submission to be
rated "fully compliant," all identifiers introduced must have at least one
uppercase letter.

Post a reply to this message

> It has long been a POV-Ray recommendation that identifiers have at least one
> uppercase letter, although this is not enforced.  This recommendation has
> practical significance, as we recently saw in "Spanish Patio -Parse Error" in
> povray.general.
>
> I propose that this recommendation be incorporated as policy into the Object
> Collection naming standards.  In other words, in order for a submission to be
> rated "fully compliant," all identifiers introduced must have at least one
> uppercase letter.

I second that.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Am 01.08.2012 08:59, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 1-8-2012 5:46, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> It has long been a POV-Ray recommendation that identifiers have at
>> least one
>> uppercase letter, although this is not enforced.  This recommendation has
>> practical significance, as we recently saw in "Spanish Patio -Parse
>> Error" in
>> povray.general.
>>
>> I propose that this recommendation be incorporated as policy into the
>> Object
>> Collection naming standards.  In other words, in order for a
>> submission to be
>> rated "fully compliant," all identifiers introduced must have at least
>> one
>> uppercase letter.
>>

> I second that.

I third that.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 01.08.2012 08:59, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 1-8-2012 5:46, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>> It has long been a POV-Ray recommendation that identifiers have at
>>> least one
>>> uppercase letter, although this is not enforced.  This recommendation
>>> has
>>> practical significance, as we recently saw in "Spanish Patio -Parse
>>> Error" in
>>> povray.general.
>>>
>>> I propose that this recommendation be incorporated as policy into the
>>> Object
>>> Collection naming standards.  In other words, in order for a
>>> submission to be
>>> rated "fully compliant," all identifiers introduced must have at least
>>> one
>>> uppercase letter.
>>>

>> I second that.
>
> I third that.