Android's new logo is just a disembodied head, and it turns out that
extrapolating the head to reporportion the rest of the robot takes a bit
of math. Well, arithmetic mostly, but you need math to figure out how
to apply the arithmetic. So, even though I wrote in the last thread
that AndroidRobot has priority, SphereSweep 2.0, though unfinished, was
at a stopping point, and all I had to do was excise the unfinished code,
update the user manual, and do final tests.
It turned out that, thanks to the _correct_ way to downgrade a cubic
BÃ©zier to a quadratic, the BÃ©zier bug in SphereSweep 1.2 wasn't as
consequential as it initially appeared to be, reducing the urgency of
this upgrade. But if I hadn't decided to post the upgrade, with the
final scrutiny I give my modules before uploading them, I wouldn't have
discovered my error on how to downgrade the cubic. The apparent urgency
of the upgrade is what revealed that it wasn't urgent! But the module
is done, so here it is.
The main new feature of SphereSweep 2.0 is conversion macros between
SphereSweep and another Object Collection module, PointArrays. As I was
finishing up SphereSweep 1.2, I discovered there was quite a bit of
overlap between SphereSweep and PointArrays, and I figured maybe some
POVers might want to take advantage of features of both modules.
However, their data structures are incompatible, so I wrote the
conversion macros. I hope you find them useful.
Since downgrading a cubic BÃ©zier isn't as simple as I thought, there
will definitely be a quadratic BÃ©zier spline in a future version of
Post a reply to this message