POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Sphere Sweep 1.2 Quadratic spline question Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:59:28 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere Sweep 1.2 Quadratic spline question (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Sphere Sweep 1.2 Quadratic spline question
Date: 30 Aug 2020 20:05:01
Message: <web.5f4c3e7fe396e6941f9dae300@news.povray.org>
I'm using SphereSweep_Approx (SSWP_QUADRATIC_SPLINE ....)
to draw some SVG data, and I noticed that the control point is intersected by
the curve, whereas in SVG, they show the curve being inside of the convex hull
of control points.
Is this intentional behaviour of the macros?
Am I doing something wrong, using it improperly?

Would it be possible to have an additional, alternative quadratic spline added?

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Paths

Thanks!   :)

#version 3.8;
global_settings {assumed_gamma 1.0}

camera {
 location <0.5, 0.5, -1.25>
 right x*image_width/image_height
 up y
 look_at <0.5, 0.5, 0>
}

light_source {<3, 2, -10> rgb 1}

sky_sphere {pigment {rgb <0.3, 0.3, 0.75>}}

#include "BezierInclude.inc"
#include "spheresweep.inc"

#declare P1 = <0, 0, 0>;
#declare P2 = <0.5, 1.0, 0>;
#declare P3 = <1, 0, 0>;

object {
SphereSweep_Approx (SSWP_QUADRATIC_SPLINE, array {P1, P2, P3}, array {Line,
Line, Line}, 100, 0)
pigment {rgb <0, 0, 0>}
}

Point (P1,  2, texture {pigment {rgb <1, 0, 0>}})
Point (P2,  2, texture {pigment {rgb <1, 0, 0>}})
Point (P3,  2, texture {pigment {rgb <1, 0, 0>}})

cylinder { P1, P2, Line pigment {rgb <1, 0, 0>}}
cylinder { P2, P3, Line pigment {rgb <1, 0, 0>}}

Post a reply to this message