POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : screen.inc Server Time: 16 Dec 2018 00:48:05 GMT
  screen.inc (Message 1 to 5 of 5)  
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: screen.inc
Date: 22 Sep 2016 23:06:21
Message: <57e463ed$1@news.povray.org>
Can I upload my modified version of "screen.inc" to the object 
collection? Are the software licenses compatible?


Mike


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: screen.inc
Date: 1 Oct 2016 15:00:01
Message: <web.57efcf4165fe31f11241cef50@news.povray.org>
Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Can I upload my modified version of "screen.inc" to the object
> collection? Are the software licenses compatible?

I would call it by a different name.


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: screen.inc
Date: 25 Oct 2016 00:06:41
Message: <580ea211$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/1/2016 10:59 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Can I upload my modified version of "screen.inc" to the object
>> collection? Are the software licenses compatible?
>
> I would call it by a different name.
>
>
>
>

It's the same file, though. Just with a few minor alterations.

Also, does the object collection use the same license as the include 
files that come with POV-Ray?

Mike


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: screen.inc
Date: 27 Oct 2016 15:00:00
Message: <web.581215f265fe31f13750ad290@news.povray.org>
Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Also, does the object collection use the same license as the include
> files that come with POV-Ray?

No, they are quite different.  The Object Collection uses the GNU Lesser General
Public License 2.1, as explained in the README files.  (Note there is an error
in terminology, as I have brought up in a previous thread.)  The 3.7 version of
screen.inc uses the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
License.  Earlier versions of screen.inc are presumably covered by povlegal.doc,
which every POVer prior to 2013 November 6 should be well familiar with.

For the GNU and Creative Commons licenses, I suggest you follow the links given
in the Object Collection README files and screen.inc 3.7, respectively.

Disclaimer: IANAL.


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: screen.inc
Date: 6 Nov 2016 01:33:47
Message: <581e887b$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/27/2016 10:57 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Also, does the object collection use the same license as the include
>> files that come with POV-Ray?
>
> No, they are quite different.  The Object Collection uses the GNU Lesser General
> Public License 2.1, as explained in the README files.  (Note there is an error
> in terminology, as I have brought up in a previous thread.)  The 3.7 version of
> screen.inc uses the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
> License.  Earlier versions of screen.inc are presumably covered by povlegal.doc,
> which every POVer prior to 2013 November 6 should be well familiar with.
>
> For the GNU and Creative Commons licenses, I suggest you follow the links given
> in the Object Collection README files and screen.inc 3.7, respectively.
>
> Disclaimer: IANAL.
>
>
>


If I change the 3.7 version of the script instead, why not make a 
substitution and include it with the program?

Mike


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.