POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : FranciscoMunoz and Unix Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  FranciscoMunoz and Unix (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: FranciscoMunoz and Unix
Date: 7 Mar 2015 17:35:24
Message: <54fb7d2c@news.povray.org>
The FranciscoMunoz SDL code makes references to mixed-case file names,
but the file names, as downloaded, are all lowercase.  Therefore, the
module will not work in Unix and similar operating systems such as
GNU/Linux.  The following shell script will rename the necessary files
so that the code will run unaltered in POV-Ray for Unix.  It was written
for bash, but I believe it will work for any Bourne-compatible shell.

----------------[BEGIN CODE]----------------
#!/bin/sh
mv fmunoz_android.inc FMunoz_Android.inc
mv fmunoz_babydino.inc FMunoz_BabyDino.inc
mv fmunoz_column.inc FMunoz_Column.inc
mv fmunoz_deskitems.inc FMunoz_DeskItems.inc
mv fmunoz_drinks.inc FMunoz_Drinks.inc
mv fmunoz_fruit.inc FMunoz_Fruit.inc
mv fmunoz_homid.inc FMunoz_Homid.inc
mv fmunoz_jarron.inc FMunoz_Jarron.inc
mv fmunoz_mano.inc FMunoz_Mano.inc
mv fmunoz_minimech.inc FMunoz_MiniMech.inc
mv fmunoz_minitank.inc FMunoz_MiniTank.inc
mv fmunoz_swords.inc FMunoz_Swords.inc

In addition, FMunoz_DeskItems.inc refers to the Microsoft font file
Arial.ttf.  On my system, that font name is all lowercase, so I modified
my copy of FMunoz_DeskItems.inc accordingly.  YMMV.

Post a reply to this message

> In addition, FMunoz_DeskItems.inc refers to the Microsoft font file
> Arial.ttf.  On my system, that font name is all lowercase, so I modified
> my copy of FMunoz_DeskItems.inc accordingly.  YMMV.

Clarification: Microsoft does not own Arial; it licenses it from Monotype
Imaging.