POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Swivel Stool, possibly for object collection Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Swivel Stool, possibly for object collection (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Charles C
Subject: Swivel Stool, possibly for object collection
Date: 28 Mar 2008 01:41:42
Message: <47ec9326@news.povray.org>
With the recent talk about the object collection I thought I might
contribute an object I've been meaning to add.  It's simple, it lacks
bolts, it's got a lot of messy looking calculations, and most of the
dimensions are hard coded, but I think it gets at the gist of what it's
supposed to be.

I posted it in p.t.scenes:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3C47ec91d7%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C47ec91d7%40news.povray.org%3E

Anyway, before I submit it, I was hoping to get some feedback, in
general and specifically on this:  I like using a system where something
like Main_Scene_File is a global variable and if it's already defined, a
given include file knows not to use a self-contained demo scene.   It
means an include file can stand alone as exactly one file.

Un-comment the line near the beginning which starts with
"//#ifndef(Main_Scene_File)..." and render the file itself.

I know I've asked this before, and I've even wished for a
main_scene_file keyword, but I don't remember how it turned out for the
object collection.  What gobals can be truly global?

Thanks,
Charles

Post a reply to this message