POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Box blob object? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:08:12 EDT (-0400)
  Box blob object? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mr
Subject: Box blob object?
Date: 9 Aug 2017 16:55:00
Message: <web.598b75a15c2f84e3638427fa0@news.povray.org>
Hi, blender has a box type blob object besides standard capsule (cylinder)
ellipsoid and sphere. Does any povray version allow the same?  If not, or
without a workaround, this is a feature request. :-)

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, blender has a box type blob object besides standard capsule (cylinder)
> ellipsoid and sphere. Does any povray version allow the same?  If not, or
> without a workaround, this is a feature request. :-)

Then a feature request it is ;)

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, blender has a box type blob object besides standard capsule (cylinder)
> ellipsoid and sphere. Does any povray version allow the same?  If not, or
> without a workaround, this is a feature request. :-)

I'm intrigued about this. Could you provide some more information? Any links? I
would like to see how far I am from being able to write a macro for this
purpose. Thank you.

B. Gimeno

Post a reply to this message

> > Hi, blender has a box type blob object besides standard capsule (cylinder)
> > ellipsoid and sphere. Does any povray version allow the same?  If not, or
> > without a workaround, this is a feature request. :-)
>
> I'm intrigued about this. Could you provide some more information? Any links? I
> would like to see how far I am from being able to write a macro for this
> purpose. Thank you.
>
> B. Gimeno

hi,
In Blender, you add new objects to a scene by hitting SHIFT+A in the 3d view and
choose metaball (Blender's blob equivalent) in the submenu pick Cube (Blender's
"box" equivalent)

Post a reply to this message