POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs not ... blobbing Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  Blobs not ... blobbing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Blobs not ... blobbing
Date: 5 Aug 2016 13:10:01
Message: <web.57a4c769dab5ab6cb488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Experiencing very unblob-like behaviour.   Any ideas why?
I'm sure I'm missing some small thing.

When I decrese the strength to 0.5 and the threshold is at 1, it gets
decidededly blobby - but in the reverse manner which I desire.   :(

#macro DiamondCubicBlob (Corner, S)
    #declare Quarter =
    blob {
    threshold 0.01
    sphere   {<0.25, 0.25, 0.25>, Sph, S texture {T1}}               // center

    sphere   {<0, 0, 0>, Sph, S texture {T1}}
    //cylinder {<0, 0, 0>, <0.25, 0.25, 0.25>, Cyl, S texture {T2} }

    sphere   {<0.5, 0, 0.5>, Sph, S texture {T1}}
    //cylinder {<0.5, 0, 0.5>, <0.25, 0.25, 0.25>, Cyl, S texture {T2} }

    sphere   {<0.5, 0.5, 0>, Sph, S texture {T1}}
    //cylinder {<0.5, 0.5, 0>, <0.25, 0.25, 0.25>, Cyl, S texture {T2} }

    sphere   {<0, 0.5, 0.5>, Sph, S texture {T1}}
    //cylinder {<0, 0.5, 0.5>, <0.25, 0.25, 0.25>, Cyl, S texture {T2} }
    } // end union Quarter

    union {
        object {Quarter}
        object {Quarter translate <0.5, 0.5, 0>}
        object {Quarter translate <0, 0.5, 0.5>}
        object {Quarter translate <0.5, 0, 0.5>}
        //threshold 1
        translate Corner
        }
#end // end macro DiamondCubicBlob