POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:48:41 EDT (-0400)
  Camera (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: emitch27
Subject: Camera
Date: 30 Jun 2016 13:25:01
Message: <web.577555753cb0eb333595d8da0@news.povray.org>
So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can only see
half of the image. If I take the camera further away from the picture, I can see
all of it, but it is too small. I do not want to change the current point of
view on the object. How can I look at the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of
the image to the left.

Post a reply to this message

> So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can
> only see half of the image. If I take the camera further away from
> the picture, I can see all of it, but it is too small. I do not want
> to change the current point of view on the object. How can I look at
> the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of the image to the left.

   We need more information, or even better, a sample image and/or scene
code. Right now, I'm not sure what is your exact problem...

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can
> > only see half of the image. If I take the camera further away from
> > the picture, I can see all of it, but it is too small. I do not want
> > to change the current point of view on the object. How can I look at
> > the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of the image to the left.
> >

>    We need more information, or even better, a sample image and/or scene
> code. Right now, I'm not sure what is your exact problem...
>
> --
> jaime

Here is a simpler version of my image. I want to see the whole box, but maintain
this current point of view without increasing the distance from the camera to
the box.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

camera {
 location < 6, 2, -10>
 look_at <6, 0, 0>

}

light_source {
 <2, 3, -8>
 White

}

background{ Clear }

box {
 <3.7, 0, 2>, <-4, -.3, -2>
 pigment { Gray25 }

}

Post a reply to this message

>>> So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can
>>> only see half of the image. If I take the camera further away from
>>> the picture, I can see all of it, but it is too small. I do not want
>>> to change the current point of view on the object. How can I look at
>>> the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of the image to the left.

add 'angle 110' to see all of box.  not really a solution though.

jr.

Post a reply to this message

> So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can only see
> half of the image. If I take the camera further away from the picture, I can see
> all of it, but it is too small. I do not want to change the current point of
> view on the object. How can I look at the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of
> the image to the left.

Increase the camera angle to get a wider view.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: emitch27
Date: 30 Jun 2016 14:45:00
Message: <web.5775688c1e5dc6513595d8da0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 6/30/2016 6:23 PM, emitch27 wrote:
> > So, I have the object and camera positioned perfectly. However, I can only see
> > half of the image. If I take the camera further away from the picture, I can see
> > all of it, but it is too small. I do not want to change the current point of
> > view on the object. How can I look at the rest of it. Or, how can I show more of
> > the image to the left.
> >

> Increase the camera angle to get a wider view.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

I am trying to not zoom out. Is there not a way to show more without zooming
out? At the current distance, the image is much clearer. Zooming out would mess
that up.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 30 Jun 2016 15:03:08
Message: <57756cec$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 30/06/2016 19:44, emitch27 wrote:
> I am trying to not zoom out.

change of angle != zoom.  try it on the simple scene you posted.

jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Jun 2016 15:03:52
Message: <57756d18$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/06/2016 20:19, emitch27 a écrit :

> Here is a simpler version of my image. I want to see the whole box, but maintain
> this current point of view without increasing the distance from the camera to
> the box.

forget angle, you need a non 4:3 picture, with a camera like

camera {
location < 6, 2, -10>
look_at <6, 0, 0>
up y
right image_width/image_height*x

}

and rendering option like

+H600 +W1600

beware, the perspective camera (default mode without modification) is going to show
strong deformation on each side with such ratio

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 30 Jun 2016 15:08:37
Message: <57756e35@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/16 19:44, emitch27 wrote:

> I am trying to not zoom out. Is there not a way to show more without zooming
> out? At the current distance, the image is much clearer. Zooming out would mess
> that up.

Do you want something like this (attached)?

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'emitch_test.png' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'emitch_test.png'