POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prism Problem Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  Prism Problem (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Sereib
Subject: Prism Problem
Date: 18 Apr 2016 11:40:00
Message: <web.5714fe994f1097be1a0100e20@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I think I understood how a prism with cubic_spline works: The first and last
point are controls points, and the second and second from last points needs to
be identical (P1 = P1), such as:

prism{cubic_spline 0, 1, 7, P0, P1, P2, P3, P4, P1, P5}

using the points P0 ... P5 I calculate in a loop using #declare ...
which, however, results in "Too few points in a prism"

If I substitute the point P1 as follows:

prism{cubic_spline 0, 1, 7, P0, <1,1>, P2, P3, P4, <1,1>, P5}

it works. has POV-Ray a problem with using predefined points instead of using
the
numerical value in the prism statement?

Thank you!

Post a reply to this message