POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Object naming when they go into the POV Ray Editor Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Object naming when they go into the POV Ray Editor (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Swivler
Subject: Object naming when they go into the POV Ray Editor
Date: 25 Jan 2016 08:45:01
Message: <web.56a625a0cc096d02e29f9e4f0@news.povray.org>
ive been trying to figure out how the POV Ray names the objects being rendered
by the software. I have a complex scene with multiple objects, when they are
gathered by the Editor, they are named like "Mesh1" "Mesh2" is there a way to
have these "meshes" have my actual names for the objects.

I am using the POV Ray for Demo 3D export.

any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message

"Swivler" <nic### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> ive been trying to figure out how the POV Ray names the objects being rendered
> by the software. I have a complex scene with multiple objects, when they are
> gathered by the Editor, they are named like "Mesh1" "Mesh2" is there a way to
> have these "meshes" have my actual names for the objects.
>
> I am using the POV Ray for Demo 3D export.

This matter is outside POV-Ray's sphere of influence, and would instead have to
be addressed in the Demo 3D export to POV-Ray.

The .pov files (and possibly any .inc files) are generated by Demo 3D, and
POV-Ray only reads them as input. The only thing written by POV-Ray are image
files.

Post a reply to this message