POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Looking for Full RGB color spectrum for my media density file. Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for Full RGB color spectrum for my media density file. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: sirzerp
Subject: Looking for Full RGB color spectrum for my media density file.
Date: 21 Dec 2015 17:05:02
Message: <web.5678775673f2438d25a5dca20@news.povray.org>
I am looking for color map that maps the deepest red at 0 value of my density
file and then works to green at .5 value and then works to deepest blue at the 1
value of my density file.

The kind of color map that you would use for a rain weather map.  I have worked
enough with colors to know that what I am looking for sounds easy, but might not
be easy at all.  RGB colors are kind of tricky.

The pov code below is an example of my format, but does not have the right color
map.

density {
         density_file df3 filename1
         interpolate 1
        color_map {
 [0.01 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.03 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.05 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.07 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.09 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.11 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.13 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.15 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.17 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.19 rgb <0,1,0>]

 [0.21 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.23 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.25 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.27 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.29 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.31 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.33 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.35 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.37 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.39 rgb <0,0,1>]

        [0.41 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.43 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.45 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.47 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.49 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.51 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.53 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.55 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.57 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.59 rgb <1,0,0>]

 [0.61 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.63 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.65 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.67 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.69 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.71 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.73 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.75 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.77 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.79 rgb <0,1,0>]

        [0.81 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.83 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.85 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.87 rgb <0,0,1>]
 [0.89 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.91 rgb <0,1,0>]
 [0.93 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [0.95 rgb <1,0,0>]
 [0.97 rgb <0,0,0>]
        [1.00 rgb <1,1,1>]

         }
      }

Post a reply to this message

> I am looking for color map that maps the deepest red at 0 value of my density
> file and then works to green at .5 value and then works to deepest blue at the 1
> value of my density file.
>
> The kind of color map that you would use for a rain weather map.  I have worked
> enough with colors to know that what I am looking for sounds easy, but might not
> be easy at all.  RGB colors are kind of tricky.
>
> The pov code below is an example of my format, but does not have the right color
> map.

Why is your color_map so complexe? Why do you think that you need those
black stripes? Why do you repeat the sequence
black-blue-black-green-black-red 8 times?
Why don't you keep it simple?

How about this?

color_map{
  [0.00   rgb<0,0,1>]
  [0.97/2 rgb<0,1,0>]
  [0.97   rgb<1,0,0>]
  [1.00   rgb 1]
}

Or

color_map{
  [0.0      rgb<0,0,1>]
  [0.97/4   rgb<0,1,1>]
  [0.97/2   rgb<0,1,0>]
  [0.97*3/4 rgb<1,1,0>]
  [0.97     rgb<1,0,0>]
  [1.0      rgb 1]
}

You may also try substituting srgb in place of rgb to use the sRGB
colour space instead of the linear colour space used with plain RGB values.

Alain

Post a reply to this message