POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : declaring a new texture with a macro Server Time
28 Apr 2024 14:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  declaring a new texture with a macro (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: declaring a new texture with a macro
Date: 30 Nov 2015 16:54:28
Message: <565cc594$1@news.povray.org>

One thing that I would try:
First, #declare your object.
Next, find it's bounding box using min_extent() and max_extent().
Average the returned values.
Use that averaged value as the look_at for the camera.

If you still get nothing:
Maybe the object is to small or large or to distant.
Try moving the camera toward the object or the object toward the camera.
Try scalling the object up or down. Start using factors of 10.

Maybe it's to dark.
Try any of the following:
Use a white background.
Use only ambient and temporarily set the colour to some light shade,
like rgb<1,0,1>.

Alain

Post a reply to this message