POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : declaring a new texture with a macro Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  declaring a new texture with a macro (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Warren
Subject: declaring a new texture with a macro
Date: 30 Nov 2015 11:30:01
Message: <web.565c782768d9e8a4a73f5e290@news.povray.org>
Hi,
Here's my problem:
I have a macro in an include file ("textures_JeuM_v3.inc") defined like this:

#macro
T_var_Wrinkles(multiplicateur,Cmarron1,Cmarron2,Cmarron3,Cmarron4,Cmarron5,ValAmbient,ValDiffuse)
    texture{pigment{wrinkles color_map{
                                       [0.0 Cmarron3*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.125 Cmarron2*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.25 Cmarron1*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.375 Cmarron2*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.5 Cmarron3*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.675 Cmarron4*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.75 Cmarron5*multiplicateur]
                                       [0.875 Cmarron4*multiplicateur]
                                       [1.0 Cmarron3*multiplicateur]
                                      }
                    scale 0.005
                    }
            finish { ambient ValAmbient diffuse ValDiffuse}
           }
#end

//Definitions des sols marron avec les macros
#declare T_marron_MacroNiv1 =
T_var_Wrinkles(<1,1,1>,C_marronA1,C_marronA2,C_marronA3,C_marronA4,C_marronA5,1,0)
#declare T_marron_MacroNiv2 =
T_var_Wrinkles(<1.12,1.1,1.1>,C_marronA1,C_marronA2,C_marronA3,C_marronA4,C_marronA5,1,0)
#declare T_marron_MacroNiv3 =
T_var_Wrinkles(<1.32,1.3,1.3>,C_marronA1,C_marronA2,C_marronA3,C_marronA4,C_marronA5,1,0)
#declare T_marron_MacroNiv4 =
T_var_Wrinkles(<1.52,1.5,1.5>,C_marronA1,C_marronA2,C_marronA3,C_marronA4,C_marronA5,1,0)

Below the macro definition you can see several callings of this macro that
define themselves a new texture.

And in the main scene file/pov file , I have this code:
#version 3.7;

global_settings{assumed_gamma 2.0}

#declare Anim_Serie=true;
#declare xN=128;
#declare HeightField=true;
#declare Mesh=false;
#declare Photo=true;
#include "textures_JeuM_v3.inc"

#declare T_transition1_2 = texture{gradient y texture_map{[0.0
T_marron_MacroNiv1][0.1 T_rocheGriseA2][0.9 T_rocheGriseA2][1.0
T_marron_MacroNiv2]}};
#declare T_transition2_3 = texture{gradient y texture_map{[0.0
T_marron_MacroNiv2][0.1 T_rocheGriseA2][0.9 T_rocheGriseA2][1.0
T_marron_MacroNiv3]}};
#declare T_transition3_4 = texture{gradient y texture_map{[0.0
T_marron_MacroNiv3][0.1 T_rocheGriseA2][0.9 T_rocheGriseA2][1.0
T_marron_MacroNiv4]}};

camera{
       orthographic
       location <0.000001,20,0>
       look_at <0,0,0>
       direction -y
       sky z

       up 2*z
       right 2*x
      }

height_field{png

             #if (Anim_Serie=true)

                     #if (tps>=0 & tps<4)
                        "HF_x128_lineaire1"
                     #end
                     #if (tps>=4 & tps<8)
                        "HF_x128_lineaire2"
                     #end
                     #if (tps>=8 & tps<12)
                        "HF_x128_coin1"//Orniere
                     #end
                     #if (tps>=12 & tps<16)

                     #end
                #end
             #end
             smooth
             translate <-0.5,0,-0.5>

             rotate 90*tps*y
             #end

             scale <2,1,2>
             texture{T_transition1_2}
             scale <1,4,1>

             no_shadow
           }

When I render this scene I expect to get images (with an ini file) with
different height_fields with the macro textures, alas this doesn't work ,
because
all the images are entirely black. I have no error message when I start the
render. I think something must be done with the macro but I don't know what.

Antoine.

Post a reply to this message

> When I render this scene I expect to get images (with an ini file) with
> different height_fields with the macro textures, alas this doesn't work ,
> because
> all the images are entirely black. I have no error message when I start the
> render. I think something must be done with the macro but I don't know what.

Don't be offended but do you have any lights in your scene?
Also have you looked at the message pane and are there any clues there?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > When I render this scene I expect to get images (with an ini file) with
> > different height_fields with the macro textures, alas this doesn't work ,
> > because
> > all the images are entirely black. I have no error message when I start the
> > render. I think something must be done with the macro but I don't know what.
>

> Don't be offended but do you have any lights in your scene?
> Also have you looked at the message pane and are there any clues there?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Yes , I have a light statement below:

#if (Photo =true)
camera{
       orthographic
       location <0.000001,20,0>
       look_at <0,0,0>
       direction -y
       sky z

  up 2*z
  right 2*x
      }
#else
camera{location <2.5,4,2.5> look_at <0,1,0>}
#end

light_source{<10,20,10>*100 color rgb 1}

height_field{png

             #if (Anim_Serie=true)

                     #if (tps>=0 & tps<4)
//Etc..

I make a series of renderings to make image maps (the camera is orthographic)

And for example the message pane of the 11th image :

Rendering frame 11 of 16

Parser Options
  Input file: pentes_v3_x128.pov
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    /usr/share/povray-3.7
    /usr/share/povray-3.7/ini
    /usr/share/povray-3.7/include
    /media/antoine/projetsLinux/projets/povray/includes/
Animation Options
  Initial Frame:        0  Final Frame:       15
  Frame Step:           1
  Initial Clock:    0.000  Final Clock:   15.000
  Cyclic Animation.....Off  Field render.........Off  Odd lines/frames.....Off
Image Output Options
  Image resolution.....128 by 128 (rows 1 to 128, columns 1 to 128).
  Output file..........rocheRose_x128_12/rr12_x128_10.png, 24 bpp PNG
  Dithering............Off
  Graphic display......Off
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  Continued trace......Off
Information Output Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
Parser Statistics
Finite Objects:            1
Infinite Objects:          0
Light Sources:             1
Total:                     2
Parser Time
  Parse Time:       0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0.123 seconds)
              using 1 thread(s) with 0.121 CPU-seconds total
  Bounding Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0.000 seconds)
              using 1 thread(s) with 0.000 CPU-seconds total
Render Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On   Bounding threshold: 3
  Antialiasing.........On  (Method 1, Threshold 0.300, Depth 3, Jitter 1.00,
 Gamma 2.50)
==== [Rendering...] ========================================================
Rendered 16384 of 16384 pixels (100%)
Render Statistics
Image Resolution 128 x 128
Pixels:            17408   Samples:               0   Smpls/Pxl: 0.00
Rays:              48940   Saved:                 0   Max Level: 1/5
Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
Height Field                     45912           17152     37.36
Height Field Box                 45912           45912    100.00
Height Field Triangle            81684           17286     21.16
Height Field Block               45912           40842     88.96
Height Field Cell                40842           40842    100.00
Bounding Box                    121726          121470     99.79
Shadow Ray Tests:             12051   Succeeded:                     0
Transmitted Rays:             31532
Render Time:
  Photon Time:      No photons
  Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
  Trace Time:       0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0.118 seconds)
              using 2 thread(s) with 0.222 CPU-seconds total

Post a reply to this message