POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Global settings. Help me, please! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:46:25 EDT (-0400)
  Global settings. Help me, please! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Global settings. Help me, please!
Date: 20 Jun 2015 10:45:06
Message: <web.55857b2ff8b6a2857a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
global_settings {
    adc_bailout float
    radiosity { adc_bailout float }
    photons { adc_bailout float }
}

It can be used together?
It can be used at the same time?

max_trace_level and photons {max_trace_level}
It is possible to write so?
 global_settings {
    max_trace_level int
    photons { max_trace_level int }
}

radiosity { subsurface off} == subsurface {} ???
subsurface { radiosity off} == radiosity {} ???

or
radiosity block in global settings disable(turn off) if subsurface { radiosity
off} ???
subsurface block in global settings disable(turn off) if radiosity { subsurface
off} ???

Post a reply to this message

> max_trace_level and photons {max_trace_level}
> It is possible to write so?
>   global_settings {
>      max_trace_level int
>      photons { max_trace_level int }
> }
>

> radiosity { subsurface off} == subsurface {} ???
> subsurface { radiosity off} == radiosity {} ???
>
> or
> radiosity block in global settings disable(turn off) if subsurface { radiosity
> off} ???
> subsurface block in global settings disable(turn off) if radiosity { subsurface
> off} ???

global_settings{adc_bailout float} will set the adc_bailout globaly for
normal rays and photons tracing. It default to 1/255.

global_settings{radiosity{adc_bailout{float}} will set the adc_bailout
specificaly for the radiosity computations. This value have a default
value that will be used if not specified.

global{settings{photons{adc_bailout{float}} will set the adc_bailout for
photons tracing only. If set, it will replace the general value only for
the photons. If not set, it will default to the general value.

All 3 are optional, and all 3 can be used in the same scene.

The same hold true for max_trace_level. The setting for the photons can
be used to set the max_trace_level to be used for the photons
differently than the general case. You may need to allow the racing of
photons for up to 255 reflections and refractions, but don't need that
much anywhere else...

Both are optional and can be used in the same scene.

radiosity{subsurface off} is the default value. Setting
radiosity{subsurface on} will allow the radiosity computations to be
affected by the transucency of surfaces. Normaly (off), radiosity will
ignore the effect of subsurface light transport.

subsurface{radiosity off} is also a default value. Setting it to on will
allow subsurface to be affected by radiosity. Normaly (off), subsurface
will ignore any radiosity.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> global_settings{adc_bailout float} will set the adc_bailout globaly for
> normal rays and photons tracing. It default to 1/255.
>
> global_settings{radiosity{adc_bailout{float}} will set the adc_bailout
> specificaly for the radiosity computations. This value have a default
> value that will be used if not specified.
>
> global{settings{photons{adc_bailout{float}} will set the adc_bailout for
> photons tracing only. If set, it will replace the general value only for
> the photons. If not set, it will default to the general value.
>
> All 3 are optional, and all 3 can be used in the same scene.
>
> The same hold true for max_trace_level. The setting for the photons can
> be used to set the max_trace_level to be used for the photons
> differently than the general case. You may need to allow the racing of
> photons for up to 255 reflections and refractions, but don't need that
> much anywhere else...
>
> Both are optional and can be used in the same scene.
>
> radiosity{subsurface off} is the default value. Setting
> radiosity{subsurface on} will allow the radiosity computations to be
> affected by the transucency of surfaces. Normaly (off), radiosity will
> ignore the effect of subsurface light transport.
>
> subsurface{radiosity off} is also a default value. Setting it to on will
> allow subsurface to be affected by radiosity. Normaly (off), subsurface
> will ignore any radiosity.
>

> Alain

Alain, thanks very big! Thank you.