POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can not identify the Chinese Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:38:38 EDT (-0400)
  Can not identify the Chinese (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: liujg
Subject: Can not identify the Chinese
Date: 6 Jan 2015 03:35:01
Message: <web.54ab9dc425631b10fc637b970@news.povray.org>
I give the texture map filename in chinese,pov turns out parse error "non-ascii
character has been replaced by space character"
How can I solve it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: Can not identify the Chinese
Date: 6 Jan 2015 13:04:48
Message: <54ac23c0@news.povray.org>
On 06.01.2015 9:33, liujg wrote:

> How can I solve it?

Try using charset utf8 in the global_settings

Post a reply to this message

On 06.01.2015 19:04, Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> Try using charset utf8 in the global_settings

ah I see this has been answered in a another newsgroup and
so probably does not work for filenames

Post a reply to this message

> On 06.01.2015 19:04, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
>
> > Try using charset utf8 in the global_settings
>
> ah I see this has been answered in a another newsgroup and
> so probably does not work for filenames
 I have tried using charset utf8 in the global_settings,it can not solve it.