POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Show result in default image editor after rendering Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  Show result in default image editor after rendering (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dicko
Subject: Show result in default image editor after rendering
Date: 11 Dec 2014 08:05:01
Message: <web.548996148b9f8db3cb72b3c0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I'm wondering how I can do that.
I use the /EXIT parameter in the command line, so I probably need to shell to
Windows as soon as the render is done.
How I do that exactly I don't know. I tried to put

Post_Scene_Command = explore %o

in the INI file, but that does not seem to work.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dick

Post a reply to this message

> I use the /EXIT parameter in the command line, so I probably need to shell to
> Windows as soon as the render is done.
> How I do that exactly I don't know. I tried to put
>
> Post_Scene_Command = explore %o
>
> in the INI file, but that does not seem to work.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Dick

A couple things will need to happen:

1) In the options menu under script I/O restrictions uncheck the
"Disable starting other prorgams" item, if it is checked.

2) You'll need to do this in a batch file:

--- batch file content ---

start %1

-- end batch file content

Place the batch file in a known location, then alter your post-scene
command to the following:

Post_Scene_Command = [path where you dropped the batch
file]\openimage.bat %o

Explore isn't a command I know of, but start will open the file in the
default editor.

Have fun!

~Mike