POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to convert a curve in a isosurface? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:33:56 EDT (-0400)
  How to convert a curve in a isosurface? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: LanuHum
Subject: How to convert a curve in a isosurface?
Date: 27 Apr 2014 08:05:01
Message: <web.535cf1c7a3d92da87a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Hellow!
Whether it is possible to make on points of a curve function for a isosurface?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: How to convert a curve in a isosurface?
Date: 27 Apr 2014 09:39:05
Message: <535d0879@news.povray.org>
LanuHum <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Hellow!
> Whether it is possible to make on points of a curve function for a isosurface?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so could you please rephrase
the question?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 27 Apr 2014 11:15:00
Message: <web.535d1e09e3191f097a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> LanuHum <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Hellow!
> > Whether it is possible to make on points of a curve function for a isosurface?
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so could you please rephrase
> the question?
>
> --

                                                          - Warp
isosurface{ // sphere
 function{ sqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z) - 1 }

isosurface{ // cylinder
  function {  sqrt(x*x + z*z) - 1 }

isosurface{ // my spline-based object (Object on the basis of a spline)
  function {  ????????? } //User-Defined Function. How?

Post a reply to this message

> > > Whether it is possible to make on points of a curve function for a isosurface?
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so could you please rephrase
> > the question?
> >
> > --
> >

>                                                           - Warp
> isosurface{ // sphere
>  function{ sqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z) - 1 }
>
> isosurface{ // cylinder
>   function {  sqrt(x*x + z*z) - 1 }
>
> isosurface{ // my spline-based object (Object on the basis of a spline)
>   function {  ????????? } //User-Defined Function. How?

Something like this ?

"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so could you please rephrase
> > > the question?
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> >                                                           - Warp
> > isosurface{ // sphere
> >  function{ sqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z) - 1 }
> >
> > isosurface{ // cylinder
> >   function {  sqrt(x*x + z*z) - 1 }
> >
> > isosurface{ // my spline-based object (Object on the basis of a spline)
> >   function {  ????????? } //User-Defined Function. How?
>
> Something like this ?
>
> From: R  Suzuki
> Subject: Example of Rope Macro
> Date: 22 Jan 2002 09:52:27

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3c4d365b%40news.povray.org%3E/

> From: R  Suzuki
> Subject: Rope Macro
> Date: 22 Jan 2002 09:49:44

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3c4d35b8%40news.povray.org%3E/

> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com

No!
I would like to have function that it was possible to use such way:

For example:
isosurface{ //-------------------------
  function{ user-defined function(bla-bla-bla)
            -f_leopard(x*11,y*11,z*11)*0.25
   }

or:
#declare fn_A = function { FIRST user-defined function (bla-bla-bla)}
#declare fn_B = function { SECOND user-defined function (bla-bla-bla)}
#declare Blob_Threshold=0.125;
  function {
      (1+Blob_Threshold)
      -pow(Blob_Threshold,fn_A(x,y,z))