POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lathe gradient Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  lathe gradient (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: aelgoa
Subject: lathe gradient
Date: 26 Apr 2014 12:35:01
Message: <web.535bdf277675c3e53762c720@news.povray.org>
I want to colour a lathe object with a gradient going around the surface, so at
a particular point, start and end colors clash along a vertical line. How do I
do this?

Post a reply to this message

> I want to colour a lathe object with a gradient going around the surface, so at
> a particular point, start and end colors clash along a vertical line. How do I
> do this?

To clarify, right now my gradient cy cles twice, no mater how I scale it.

 lathe {
    linear_spline

    2,

    <5.7, .1>,
    <6.3, -.1>

    pigment {
       gradient x
    color_map {
      [0.00 color Black]
      [1.00 color rgb <1.0, 0.5, 0.2>
]
    }
    scale 12
    }

Post a reply to this message

> > I want to colour a lathe object with a gradient going around the surface, so at
> > a particular point, start and end colors clash along a vertical line. How do I
> > do this?
>
> To clarify, right now my gradient cy cles twice, no mater how I scale it.
>

>  lathe {
>     linear_spline
>
>     2,
>
>     <5.7, .1>,
>     <6.3, -.1>
>

>     pigment {
>        gradient x
>     color_map {
>       [0.00 color Black]
>       [1.00 color rgb <1.0, 0.5, 0.2>
> ]
>     }
>     scale 12
>     }

In documentation:
lathe, sor : modified spherical mapping... the u coordinate (0..1) wraps around
the y axis, while the v coordinate is linked to the object's control points
(also ranging 0..1). Surface of Revolution also has special disc mapping on the
end caps if the object is not 'open'.