POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mobius and image_map Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:01:20 EDT (-0400)
  Mobius and image_map (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Trips
Subject: Mobius and image_map
Date: 1 Feb 2012 20:45:01
Message: <web.4f29e9a0bb41d3278c0eec1e0@news.povray.org>
I want to render a mobius in Povray that has a surface texture that is a "decal"
of an image (the image is a long strip and should appear in the rendered output
as if the strip had been pressed onto the mobius).

I tried all of the map_type's defined in the documentation, but in all cases the
projection is highly distorted.

If you create an 800x100 pixel white image with a blue circle in the middle for
"surface.png", you'll see what I mean.

How can I correct the projection?

Here's the .pov file:

    //---------------------------------