POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why not everything is black when no light? Server Time
27 Jun 2024 16:49:44 EDT (-0400)
  Why not everything is black when no light? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: cartun
Subject: Why not everything is black when no light?
Date: 28 Oct 2011 12:00:01
Message: <web.4eaad0591a352fe8f07302560@news.povray.org>
Hello friends,

I have a scene with only a light (a little Spotlight).
This light has a limited radius to illuminate (please see the Link to the
Picture).

But why everything else has a certain brightness and is not completely black?
No light nothing to see anything or not?

You can see in the Picture the Letter A, A = Background = Black
B = Plane without light but to see in Gray

Why ist the Plane (without Lightbeams) not totaly Black?

Thanks for your Help mate!

Here the Link:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/111028/xld8amyh.jpg

Post a reply to this message

> But why everything else has a certain brightness and is not completely black?
> No light nothing to see anything or not?

  Because there's an ambient factor to the lighting calculations. You
have to set it to 0 in global_settings to turn it off.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message