POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Control the Lights Server Time
27 Jun 2024 16:51:18 EDT (-0400)
  Control the Lights (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: cartun
Subject: Control the Lights
Date: 23 Oct 2011 13:20:01
Message: <web.4ea44cba5faf93caabf6d92e0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

i have a question, i need a Light with follow settings:

Light luminosity 70%

this all with an area_light (for the nice smooth shadows).
Is that possible?

Teightness dont work with a area_light..

I thank very much for your Help!

Post a reply to this message

> i have a question, i need a Light with follow settings:
>
> Light luminosity 70%

> this all with an area_light (for the nice smooth shadows).
> Is that possible?
>
> Teightness dont work with a area_light..
>
> I thank very much for your Help!

If I read you correctly, you need to use a spotlight. You can use
area_light and spotlight within the same light_source{} block. The
Documentation says: "Any type of light source may be an area light".

Thomas

Post a reply to this message