POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How bright can i make objects? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  How bright can i make objects? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Crippso
Subject: How bright can i make objects?
Date: 14 Oct 2011 18:30:00
Message: <web.4e98b7919dc977f712255f680@news.povray.org>
Hi,

when using radiosity is it possible to set the emittance of objects to values of
greater than 1 and still get reliable results?

In my scene a get RGB levels lower than saturation when I set the emittance of a
particular object to 50 (this object is not visible directly by the camera, it
is seen by a diffuse reflection off of a rectangle). What I dont know is if
setting the emittance so high may cause errors in the radiosity calculations.

Any advice on this area will be much appreciated!

Thank you
Stuart

Post a reply to this message

> when using radiosity is it possible to set the emittance of objects to values of
> greater than 1 and still get reliable results?

Yes, absolutely.