POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scientific Visualization of 2-D and 3-D Arrays Server Time
28 Jun 2024 06:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Scientific Visualization of 2-D and 3-D Arrays (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: MCHsieh
Subject: Scientific Visualization of 2-D and 3-D Arrays
Date: 25 Aug 2011 12:30:01
Message: <web.4e5677aa993004a59d114f5e0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

I'm a new user of POVRAY.

Now I'm gonna use POVRAY for visualizing ground motion on the surface of the
Earth. The computation results give us a 3-D volume of ground motion amplitudes,
and I want to show these amplitudes on topography and subsurface. I found the
figures on the internet and these are exactly what I want:

For 2-D array:
http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/furumura/tsunami/Zisin_snap.jpg

For 3-D volume:
http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/furumura/scat/3Dsnap.jpg

Now I can draw topography and sea floor, but I have no idea for visualizing the
seismic wave. My question is, which functions should I use for this purpose,
including visualizing 2-D and 3-D datasets?

Thank you.
Best Regards,

M.-C. Hsieh

Post a reply to this message