POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mirror transformation Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  mirror transformation (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: folkert
Subject: mirror transformation
Date: 25 Aug 2011 08:40:00
Message: <web.4e564296dbefc969ee65e6b30@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm working on rendering my previous appartment (that works) and the building it
was in.
In that building appartments were placed side by side (4 times a pair of
appartments) with the one on the right being a mirror of the one at the left. I
looked at rotate<> but that would swap the front with the back (or ceiling with
floor).
Does povray have some kind of mirror transformation? (google did not find any)

Thanks,

Folkert.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on rendering my previous appartment (that works) and the building it
> was in.
> In that building appartments were placed side by side (4 times a pair of
> appartments) with the one on the right being a mirror of the one at the left. I
> looked at rotate<>  but that would swap the front with the back (or ceiling with
> floor).
> Does povray have some kind of mirror transformation? (google did not find any)

   scale <-1,1,1> or similar will do the job...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org