POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Photo realistic renders from 3D CAD model Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Photo realistic renders from 3D CAD model (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Srimal
Subject: Photo realistic renders from 3D CAD model
Date: 11 Jul 2011 04:45:00
Message: <web.4e1ab7a2cf1b035832a2671d0@news.povray.org>
Hi

I am a povray newbie and want to use povray to render a photorealistic image of
some 3D CAD models of cars I have.

I am inspired by the car images in the hall of fame at:

http://hof.povray.org/images/bigthumb/micra1_09.jpg

and

http://hof.povray.org/mouille.html

My car models are in  OBJ format though I can convert it to a limited set of
other formats using blender3d for the moment.

How can I import them into povray? Is there some script to download?

Also is there any sample script I could hack into that uses OBJ or other CAD
models?

I have zero experience using povray but have a general sense of 3D coordinate
transformations and lighting/materials etc.. I've had a look at the povray doco
and feel I can manage the commands to handle these, but I couldn't find a way to
import a OBJ/other 3D model directly..

Please help

Thanks in advance

Srimal.