POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Applying a light source to a specific object Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:44:26 EDT (-0400)
  Applying a light source to a specific object (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Garrett Baird
Subject: Applying a light source to a specific object
Date: 4 Apr 2011 02:40:01
Message: <web.4d99672b1b8649ffd58cf96e0@news.povray.org>
How can I apply a light source to only a specific object?  The
"projected_through" command doesn't get quite what I want, because as I
understand it, the command "projected_through{object}" will still cast shadows
from the object onto the others, which I don't want.  Does that make sense?

Thanks, GB

Post a reply to this message

Never mind, I just discovered light groups.  Please excuse the spam.

"Garrett Baird" <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> How can I apply a light source to only a specific object?  The
> "projected_through" command doesn't get quite what I want, because as I
> understand it, the command "projected_through{object}" will still cast shadows
> from the object onto the others, which I don't want.  Does that make sense?
>
> Thanks, GB

Post a reply to this message

> Never mind, I just discovered light groups.  Please excuse the spam.

Don't worry, It's happen to all of us! :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 5 Apr 2011 12:50:13
Message: <4d9b4845@news.povray.org>

> Never mind, I just discovered light groups.  Please excuse the spam.

No problem, it's the "new users" forum after all ;)

Alain