POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bend a Wire Server Time
30 Jun 2024 15:03:19 EDT (-0400)
  Bend a Wire (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chrisir
Subject: Bend a Wire
Date: 5 Feb 2011 15:00:00
Message: <web.4d4dab93eeb4a9f15d8c9b080@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I want to show a bend wire.

I should look like a looping.

I have a list of 386 vectors/points I want to use.

First I went for using sphere_sweep.

But the problem is, that I need a rather thin wire.

So when I decrease the radius of the spheres (.14), you can see the single
spheres which is bad.
I would need a thin wire that looks smooth without spheres.

Second I tried

#declare MySpline =
  spline {
    cubic_spline

and then went thru it with a "while" to paint the sphere.
Same problem of course.

Then I went thru it with a "while" to paint cylinders (from MySpline (ctr) to
MySpline (ctr+1) )
but then it says, you can't use cylinder because
top and apex-vector are the same (which they are not, only if rounded).

I tried to catch the cylinders that are the same with "if"...
still bad...

So my question is: Is there a real wire or mesh I can use to take care of my
points?

Besides, my 386 vector-data also is slightly zig-zag, you can see it, when
radius is small (0.14); I'd like to smoothen that too (tesselation?).

Thank you very much

Chrisir

Post a reply to this message