POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray for scientific purpose Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for scientific purpose (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ThomasR
Subject: POV-Ray for scientific purpose
Date: 12 Nov 2010 10:25:00
Message: <web.4cdd5b6c6d6842d3a8dd583f0@news.povray.org>
Hello every one

I'm a phd student and I'm thinking about using pov ray to simulate active
imagers such as Airborne Laser Scanners.

I've already achieved some nice simulation, but I'm now wondering if my job is
really physically realistic.

In the past weeks, I've been looking through the internet for documentation
about the basic calculations of pov ray's render engine.

For example, I'd like to understand how the color of a simple object with a
simple pigment in a simple configuration is calculated, or to find a way to
model a physically realistic BRDF with pov ray's texture{} description...

I there somewhere a documentation explaining the basics of povrays calculations
?

Or will I have to look by myself at the source code ?

Thanks for helping

Thomas

Post a reply to this message