POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : concerning the camera up and right Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:41:44 EDT (-0400)
  concerning the camera up and right (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: feraudyh
Subject: concerning the camera up and right
Date: 4 May 2010 15:55:01
Message: <web.4be07b381ba521dc4d6c0ba80@news.povray.org>
Hi,
  The documentation says that for a camera  right and up have default values
related to x and y.
Unfortunately I havent worked out what x and y you are referring to.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: concerning the camera up and right
Date: 4 May 2010 16:30:58
Message: <4be08402$1@news.povray.org>
feraudyh wrote:

>   The documentation says that for a camera  right and up have default values
> related to x and y.
> Unfortunately I havent worked out what x and y you are referring to.

They are axes of the world coordinate system. So with default
parameters for the camera an object moves "up" in the image if
you translate it into positive y direction.

Post a reply to this message