POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : forming a curving cylinder Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  forming a curving cylinder (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: geogeo
Subject: forming a curving cylinder
Date: 22 Feb 2010 10:25:01
Message: <web.4b82a1998ed324fe69aed0ad0@news.povray.org>
Waht I am trying to achieve is a long thin rod that smoothly takes the form of a
 Bezier curve. I can't seem to come up with a good way to do this.
- I can place small objects along a bezier spline but this seems a bit crude.
- If I sweep out an object using a bezier I guess it will produce a very
different solid from what I want.

Any ideas anyone?
thanks
Geo

Post a reply to this message

> Waht I am trying to achieve is a long thin rod that smoothly takes the form of a
>  Bezier curve. I can't seem to come up with a good way to do this.
> - I can place small objects along a bezier spline but this seems a bit crude.
> - If I sweep out an object using a bezier I guess it will produce a very
> different solid from what I want.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
> thanks
> Geo

A sphere_sweep is probably what you need...

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

> > Waht I am trying to achieve is a long thin rod that smoothly takes the form of a
> >  Bezier curve. I can't seem to come up with a good way to do this.
> > - I can place small objects along a bezier spline but this seems a bit crude.
> > - If I sweep out an object using a bezier I guess it will produce a very
> > different solid from what I want.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?
> > thanks
> > Geo
>
> A sphere_sweep is probably what you need...
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

Had a look at this and tried a few examples, seems to do the job!

thanks,
Geo