POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Start POVRay From Matlab Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Start POVRay From Matlab (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: sibir
Subject: Start POVRay From Matlab
Date: 29 Jan 2010 14:10:01
Message: <web.4b633209ba1bad97c33405b80@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am new to POVRay and was wondering how I can render a scene in POVRay from
Matlab. I would like Matlab to change certain parameters in a scene file and run
POVRAy to from within Matlab.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I am new to POVRay and was wondering how I can render a scene in POVRay from
> Matlab. I would like Matlab to change certain parameters in a scene file and run
> POVRAy to from within Matlab.  Any suggestions are appreciated!
>
> thanks

Up!!I want to know too.
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> > I am new to POVRay and was wondering how I can render a scene in POVRay from
> > Matlab. I would like Matlab to change certain parameters in a scene file and run
> > POVRAy to from within Matlab.  Any suggestions are appreciated!
> >
> > thanks
>
> Up!!I want to know too.
> Thanks!

Exclamation point is a shell escape.

!povray &

There are also unix(), dos(), and system() functions.

The docs have more information.

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f0-12994.html#f0-38522