POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prism Conceptual Question Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:03:35 EDT (-0400)
  Prism Conceptual Question (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Alan1961
Subject: Prism Conceptual Question
Date: 26 Jan 2010 07:25:00
Message: <web.4b5ede5c9913ba90d96514d00@news.povray.org>
I would like to create prisms with a combination of straight lines and curves -
including circular.

For a very very simple example - a 4*4 box shape but with one corner rounded off
with a circular radius of 1.

I am struggling to work out how to do this with either a cubic or quadratic
spline and cannot find an example.  Should I be using beziers?    I've tried not
to be lazy but would appreciate some kind experienced Pov user showing me the
way!

I appreciate my simple example could be achieved with some bits in a union, but
I am looking for a more generic approach for more complex shapes combining
straight lines and curves and want to make sure I'm not chasing something
impossible / impractical.

Excuse my lack of mathematical understanding, but is it also the case that
bezier curves cannot truly implement a circular curve?

Many thanks for any help.

Post a reply to this message