POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: info
Subject: Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff?
Date: 1 Jan 2010 11:30:01
Message: <web.4b3e228d15651233f9d810220@news.povray.org>
Hello, Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff?

Post a reply to this message

From: David Buck
Subject: Re: Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff?
Date: 5 Jan 2010 22:57:56
Message: <4b440a44$1@news.povray.org>
info wrote:
> Hello, Can I use POVRay in commercial stuff?

If you create the scene file, you own the rights to the generated image
and can use the image for whatever you wish including commercial uses.

You can't sell the POVRay code or executables as part of a product,
however.  That would violate the license agreement.

David Buck