POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Grouping objects Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:42:52 EDT (-0400)
  Grouping objects (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: tiocfaidh
Subject: Grouping objects
Date: 19 Aug 2009 05:00:00
Message: <web.4a8bbe4dc28b5a93cb4870740@news.povray.org>
Say I have created 4 squares and positioned them into some object. Is it
possible to group those objects so that I can move all 4 of them at the same
time?

Post a reply to this message

From: joost 1972
Subject: Re: Grouping objects
Date: 19 Aug 2009 05:30:00
Message: <web.4a8bc5fd24d0f32f2a36ae330@news.povray.org>
"tiocfaidh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Say I have created 4 squares and positioned them into some object. Is it
> possible to group those objects so that I can move all 4 of them at the same
> time?

You can group theme with a union:

#declare GroupA = union { box { ..... } box { ..... } box { ..... } }

then you can move the object { GroupA } or wathever you name it (see csg objects
in the manual).