POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Waterfall Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Waterfall (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: quoderatd
Subject: Waterfall
Date: 16 Jul 2009 15:05:00
Message: <web.4a5f78bcf563415a99c7231c0@news.povray.org>
Which object/effects would I use to create waterfall?

I am thinking spline-based object with slight transparency.

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: Waterfall
Date: 16 Jul 2009 18:37:59
Message: <4a5fabc7$1@news.povray.org>
quoderatd wrote:

> Which object/effects would I use to create waterfall?

one possibility for the geometry would be to use a blob
object with a larger number of semi-random components.

> I am thinking spline-based object with slight transparency.

As regards the water itself, you should usually do it
almost fully transparent: its appearance is mostly dominated
by refraction and reflection (especially sky is important here,
as well as some surface structure, typically normals). However,
or areas with foam something whitish and not too transparent
is probably better.

Post a reply to this message