POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lights are reflected from transparent, hollow sphere's surface Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Lights are reflected from transparent, hollow sphere's surface (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: PSteiss
Subject: Lights are reflected from transparent, hollow sphere's surface
Date: 22 May 2009 12:15:01
Message: <web.4a16cebf657a3ad4b8d7bd180@news.povray.org>
Hi All!

I have the following cloud-like object:

object{
  sphere{<0,0,0>,1}
  //no_reflection
  //no_shadow
  pigment{ rgbt <1,1,1,1> transmit 1}
  finish { reflection 0 ambient 0 brilliance 0 specular 0}
  hollow
  interior{
    media{
      absorption <0,1,1>*9
      intervals 9
      samples 1,1
        density { spherical
        turbulence 0
        color_map {
          [0.1 rgb 0.0]//border
          [1 rgb 1.0]//center
        }
      }
    }
  }
  scale 0.3
  translate <1.74,0,0.535+0.044+0.2>
}

Unfortunately, I see the lights reflected at the sphere's surface.
I'd like just to see the interior.

Could anybody maybe give an advice...?

Pascal

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 22 May 2009 13:55:01
Message: <web.4a16e6efbea8fbe92f9e9e10@news.povray.org>
"PSteiss" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>   finish { reflection 0 ambient 0 brilliance 0 specular 0}

I guess you're lacking a "diffuse 0" here (while at the same time you could do
perfectly well without the "brilliance 0").

Post a reply to this message