POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : output file name Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:20 EDT (-0400)
  output file name (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Christoph
Subject: output file name
Date: 24 Apr 2009 04:40:01
Message: <web.49f17a67d0e72488191945c80@news.povray.org>
hello everybody!

i was wondering if it's possible to set the output filename from inside a povray
script. i am trying to render stereo pairs of images, odd frame numbers get the
left camera position, even frames the right one. that works, but it would be
even better if i could set the image names too ... can anyone give me a hint?

thanks
christoph

Post a reply to this message

> i was wondering if it's possible to set the output filename from
> inside a povray script.

That's not possible from within SDL. What you *can* do is start
povray from command line and provide the file name, and you can
also set a define such as /D=CAMERA=[0/1] to control whether
the script should render the left or right camera.

Post a reply to this message