POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : aerobics.png (1.2.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  aerobics.png (1.2.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Alan
Subject: aerobics.png (1.2.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System)
Date: 7 Feb 2009 17:10:00
Message: <web.498e066c4519e65cc99495f0@news.povray.org>
From the povray documentation
1.2.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System

Does anyone know if it would be possible to obtain
the .pov source for the figure aerobics.png
illustrating handedness?
If so, where?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob
Date: 8 Feb 2009 03:45:23
Message: <498e9ba3$1@news.povray.org>
"Alan" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> From the povray documentation
> 1.2.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System
>
> Does anyone know if it would be possible to obtain
> the .pov source for the figure aerobics.png
> illustrating handedness?
> If so, where?

I thought I might have it but after a quick search of both my own files and
online I never found anything.

I put one together tonight after seeing you asking this again. Mine
resembles the original but I changed the fingers. Anyway, it certainly isn't
the same so you'll need to keep looking if you can't use something
approximating the original.

To me, that other has the look of right hand fingers. Would be interesting
to see the SDL for it because I always wondered if it had been changed to be
the aerobics diagram by adding a thumb on the opposite side. Meaning,
whether or not it might have started as something else instead of being made
specifically for that purpose. Or just happened to be a quick scene file put
together (well, quick is a relative term as I found tonight in doing this).

Well, you probably didn't want to hear all that... Posting it at
povray.text.scene-files, so if anyone else wants to find it they can. I'll
stress the fact it's NOT the original scene file.

Post a reply to this message