POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : black splotches in transparent objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  black splotches in transparent objects (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pterosaur
Subject: black splotches in transparent objects
Date: 8 Nov 2008 06:05:00
Message: <web.4915719577548da73dd84d620@news.povray.org>
Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been answered before, but I haven't
been able to find it.  I'm trying to render a glass cup, but there are black
splotches on the sides. This is the simplest code that creates the problem I'm
having:

  #include "colors.inc"

  camera {
    location <4,6,0>
    look_at  <0, 1,  0>
  }

  plane { <0, 1, 0>, -0.1
    pigment {
      checker color White, color Gray80
    }
  }

  cylinder {
    <0,0.1, 0>,
    <0, 3,0>,
    1
    pigment { rgbf 1 }
    interior { ior 1.1 }
  }

  light_source {
    <0,5,-5>
    color White
  }

When I render it, the sides of my cylinder come out black, instead of
transparent like I'd expect.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Post a reply to this message

>Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been answered before, but I haven't
>been able to find it.  I'm trying to render a glass cup, but there are black
>splotches on the sides. This is the simplest code that creates the problem I'm
>having:

Take a look at max_trace_level in the documentation.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message