POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Black hole in mirrors face to face Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Black hole in mirrors face to face (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Joagostini
Subject: Black hole in mirrors face to face
Date: 18 May 2008 23:20:00
Message: <web.4830f0e3c8854197e0576c1d0@news.povray.org>
Hi

I'm a newer student of CG and radiosity. I just find out POV-Ray. I'm trying to
put two mirros face to face, in the middle of them has a sphere. I would like
to put the camara side by side the sphere to generete a infinite reflexion of
sphere in the two mirror. After some reflexion it stop because in the mirrors
is create a black square. Why? is my question. How I fix it. Thanks a lot.

Follow my pov text:

  #include "colors.inc"
  #include "stones.inc"    // pre-defined scene elements
  #include "textures.inc"    // pre-defined scene elements
  #include "shapes.inc"
  #include "glass.inc"
  #include "metals.inc"
  #include "woods.inc"

  background { color SkyBlue } //cor de fundo

    pigment {
      checker color White, color Black
    }
  }

  camera {
    location <-2, 3, 0.5>
    look_at  <-100, 1,  2>
  }

//camera {
//    location <5, 1, -3>
//    look_at  <-5, 2.5,  5>
//  }
//camera {
//    location <-2, 1, -3>
//    look_at  <-2, 2.5,100>
//  }

 light_source { <-2, 1, 1> color White}
 light_source { <-2.5, 8, 3> color White}
 light_source { <-2.5, 8, 0> color White}
 light_source { <100, 120, 40> color White }
 light_source { <-100, 120, -40> color White }

 //oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//

//SISTEMA DE COORDENADAS VISUAIS

//Coordinates system that I use to help me a "see" the space

  cylinder      //linha que marca o EIXO X
    {
        <-20,0,0>, <20,0,0>, 0.025
        open
        pigment { Magenta }

    }

  cylinder      //linha que marca o EIXO Z
    {
        <-0,0,-20>, <0,0,20>, 0.025
        open
        pigment { Cyan }

    }

  cylinder      //linha que marca o EIXO Y
    {
        <0,-20,0>, <0,20,0>, 0.025
        open
        pigment { Green }

    }

//oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//

//uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu//
        //Mais enfeite: nuvens (clouds)

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
      bozo
      turbulence 0.65
      octaves 6
      omega 0.7
      lambda 2
      color_map {
          [0.0 0.1 color rgb <0.85, 0.85, 0.85>
                   color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>]
          [0.1 0.5 color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>
                   color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>]
          [0.5 1.0 color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>
                   color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>]
      }
      scale <0.2, 0.5, 0.2>
    }
    rotate -135*x
  }
//uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu//

//oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//

// Mirrors

box{
        <-4, 0, 0> <-4.3, 4, 4>
        //rotate <0, 0, 10>
        texture {Mirror }
   }

box{
        <-1, 0, 0> <-1.3, 4, 4>
        //rotate <0, 0, 10>
        texture { Mirror }
   }

//oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//

//apenas para ajustar os espelhos

sphere {
    <-2, 1, 2>, 0.25
    texture {