POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : crash Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  crash (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Newton
Subject: crash
Date: 1 May 2008 10:45:01
Message: <web.4819d704d7e8f0df55a6631f0@news.povray.org>
I have installed PovRay 3.6 on my Mac and it crashes when I try to open it.  I
am running Leopard (Mac OS 10.5.2) on an Intel Core 2 Duo.  Is PovRay
compatible with Leopard?

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: crash
Date: 1 May 2008 13:09:40
Message: <4819f954@news.povray.org>
Newton wrote:
> I have installed PovRay 3.6 on my Mac and it crashes when I try to open it.  I
> am running Leopard (Mac OS 10.5.2) on an Intel Core 2 Duo.  Is PovRay
> compatible with Leopard?

No, Leopard is not compatible with POV-Ray 3.6.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

"Newton" <new### [at] usmmaineedu> wrote:
> I have installed PovRay 3.6 on my Mac and it crashes when I try to open it.  I
> am running Leopard (Mac OS 10.5.2) on an Intel Core 2 Duo.  Is PovRay
> compatible with Leopard?

I had the same problem when I got an Intel Mac. You'll be glad to know that
MegaPOV runs fine and does everything that POV-Ray does (and more). You can get
it here:

http://megapov.inetart.net/index.html

Note that it needs a regular POV-Ray installed, so don't wipe that!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

> "Newton" <new### [at] usmmaineedu> wrote:
> > I have installed PovRay 3.6 on my Mac and it crashes when I try to open it.  I
> > am running Leopard (Mac OS 10.5.2) on an Intel Core 2 Duo.  Is PovRay
> > compatible with Leopard?
>
> I had the same problem when I got an Intel Mac. You'll be glad to know that
> MegaPOV runs fine and does everything that POV-Ray does (and more). You can get
> it here:

Or if you're the command-line type, you can compile it yourself without any
trouble or download it with Fink ( http://www.finkproject.org/ ).  Probably
not, but it can be done.

 - Ricky