POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to get rid of arc in lower left corner Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  How to get rid of arc in lower left corner (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ron
Subject: How to get rid of arc in lower left corner
Date: 25 Feb 2008 16:50:00
Message: <web.47c336ea66dc229859313d960@news.povray.org>
Simple Scene - 5 colored reflective balls, light source, black sky,
reflective plane, But there is an un-wanted arc in the lower left corner.
I have tried moving the light source far away (900x900x900)
// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: r-pentomino.pov
// Vers: 3.6
// Desc: Checkered Floor Example
// Date: 02/25/2007
// Auth: Ron Hudson
//

#version 3.6;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  max_trace_level 5
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 8.0, -15.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

// Create an infinite sphere around scene and allow any pigment on it
sky_sphere
{
        pigment
        {
                color Black
        }
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-900, 900, -900>
}

// ----------------------------------------

plane {               // Reflective Black floor
  y, 0
  texture
  {
    pigment {
      color Black
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.3
      ambient 0.0
      specular 0.6
      reflection {
        0.8
        metallic
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  <0,1,0>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color Light_Purple
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.3
      ambient 0.0
      specular 0.6
      reflection {
        0.8
        metallic
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  <0,1,3>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color Red
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.3
      ambient 0.0
      specular 0.6
      reflection {
        0.8
        metallic
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  <3,1,3>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color Green
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.3
      ambient 0.0
      specular 0.6
      reflection {
        0.8
        metallic
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  <-3,1,0>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color Blue
    }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.3
      ambient 0.0
      specular 0.6
      reflection {
        0.8
        metallic
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
}

sphere {              // reflective sphere
  <0,1,-3>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      color Yellow